The position is responsible for the technical leadership and management on all financial and administration functions for MECPZ, ensuring compliance with all relevant policies and standards.
The Finance and Operations Manager will lead the finance and administration teams to effectively manage income and expenditure, procurements, and operational logistics for MECPZ. Provide leadership on the budgeting process and ensure all budget holders understand, can manage, and held accountable for their budgets according to organisational financial protocols and be accountable for all financial compliance across the organisation.
- Provide technical leadership and management on all financial matters for MECPZ, ensuring compliance with all relevant policies and standards.
- Manage grants spending against approved budget, by ensuring that appropriate systems and controls are in place to monitor expenditure in alignment to grants and reporting requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting to donors and other stakeholders including preparation of annual financial statements.
- Coordinate all internal and external audits and implement audit recommendations
- Ensure MECPZ complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements by the government and development partners.
- Work with the programs partnership teams to develop budgets that are aligned to the MECPZ and donor standards.
- Ensure that internal controls are properly enforced to minimize potential risks
- Take lead in the monthly payroll preparation. Ensure timesheets are completed and filed in a timely manner.
- Review all employee’s expenditure reports before they are posted into system
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are prepared, approved, and filed on time.
- Provide technical and management oversight for all procurements and logistics in compliance with policies and standards.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day administration of the offices in line with the administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure negotiations with suppliers and vendors to secure value-for-money in procurements are done in a transparent manner and maintain appropriate relationships with suppliers that exemplify the highest standards of accountability and credibility.
- Lead in a price survey of most procured goods and services to ensure market trends are identified and MECPZ maintains competitive purchasing
- Ensure fixed assets are properly managed.
- Provide technical advice and required support on Admin and procurement of goods and service
- Supervising/ monitoring MECPZ resources including, People and assets
- Ensure all operations and facilities are managed to maintain MECP infrastructure, resources, security, and insurance
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Finance and or Accounting together with professional qualification – CPA or ACCA or CIMA.
- Minimum four years relevant professional experience
- Experience in management, leadership, and mentoring staff
- Experience in developing budgets in collaboration with technical programme staff and supporting the effective management of these
- Excellent communication skills, able to make strong presentations and produce high quality financial reports
- Experience of working across geographical, organisation boundaries, cultures & diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience of working with consortiums, international multilateral and bilateral donors
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting process from end to end in a multi-donor environment is a must
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and supervision of annual financial accounts.
- Experience in preparation and supervision of both annual external audits, internal grant reviews and donor audits is a must.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal and communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective managerial and leadership skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility, professionalism, and thoroughness.
- Personal commitment to working as reliable, honest, & trustworthy member of a team
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organization
- Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organization