Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Sokowatch will provide everything a duka needs, no wholesalers or distributors necessary.
You are responsible for the execution of Sokowatch’s Financial Services strategy in Kenya. You are the owner of the Sokowatch Financial Services product delivery targets including working capital financing, asset financing, insurance and other financial products to come.
You are charged with training, developing and retaining a world class financial services team delivering effective sales and credit administration.
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Sokowatch aims to be the platform through which our customers access a comprehensive offering of financial services that allow them to achieve both their personal and professional goals.
Location: Dar Es Salam
Reporting into: EA Financial Services Manager
Your Mission in our Vision
- Financial services will be the biggest differentiating factor of Sokowatch from its competitors. By crafting a suite of services/financial products that not only meets the needs of our customers, but also enhances their earnings potential- Sokowatch will become an indispensable long-term partner for our customers.
- Our strategy is to provide a world class customer experience with regards to accessing basic financial services through effective education and signaling that allows our customers to graduate to more sophisticated financial products. In the long-run, these more sophisticated financial products will be the profit engine of the financial services business
- Capacity to recruit and manage high net worth clients, including usage, retention and ensuring on-time repayment
- Monitor client performance to advise the team in case there’s a slowdown in business and hedge our risk
- Ensure they order the set number of SKUs, and grow their SKUs per order in line with target
- Ensure they grow Average Revenue Per User MoM
- Ensure on-time repayment of credit, with capacity to escalate to ensure collections
- Any other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or similar field.
- Proven work experience in credit management
- Good understanding of lending procedures & credit related laws
- 3-4 years of credit experience.
- Be willing to periodically travel to customer sites.
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations.