North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit four (04) Geological Technicians to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned Processing tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
Reporting to: First Line Leader Geology.
Work Schedule: Rotation Status (7 Days & 7 Night on and 7 Days off)
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
- All incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time
- Assist with any other accident investigation when required
- Commitment to identification, notification and/or rectification of all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within the workplace
- 90% of peers believe that you add value to their work
- Contribute actively, think critically, support peers during daily and weekly production and planning meetings
- Contribute to the appropriate business outcomes by ensuring the timely delivery of accurate geological data, knowledge, reports and documents
- 10% reduction of the drilling cost by managing the storage, distribution and use of drilling supplies and equipment
- Maintain sampling at a high standards and ongoing basis operate field equipment
- Maintain high standard of record keeping of activities of other Technician and Assistants
- Ensuring the drill samples are collected in accordance with the SOP including recording of all required information and routine quality assurance and quality control practices
- Facilitate the timely picking-up of drilling samples from the pits and subsequent dispatch to the laboratory
- Sort, store and retrieve pulp and coarse rejects samples
- Report oil and diesel spills and leaking equipment
- Ensure an appropriate and sufficient stock of drilling program and safety consumables is available at all times
- Carry out mark out to the required standard for mining
- Perform ore spotting o Maintain equipment, vehicles and facilities
- Assist with and participate in training programs for the development of all Geological Technicians and Assistants
- Control and maintain the daily blending strategy and direct and record ore trucks onto appropriate stockpile
- Accurate recording of daily production o Update of mining faces on dig plans
- Mark out / label stockpiles as well updating faces on map
- Perform geological and / or face mapping producing maps to the standard required for mining plans
- Accurate geological logs of drill holes
- Accurate measure location of blast movement balls before and after blasting
- Accurate update of geological database
- 3-5 years’ experience in mine and exploration geology
- Experience in managing Geology consumables and costs
- The ability to coach, mentor and train Geology staff to assume higher positions of responsibility
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiar with the mining environment and its associated hazards
- Actively recognizes and manages hazards in their working environment
- Able to drive a light vehicle according to LV standard operating procedure
- Able to learn rapidly from attempts, building positive experience
- Co-ordinated with a big picture focus but also an eye for detail
- Able to investigate, inform and influence without intimidating or instructing
- Values leadership, working across knowledge fields and parallel processing of different options.
- Values developing people in their team to reach their potential
- Demonstrated ability to identify where and how to use various methods with team members with some examples of systems development
- Demonstrated Systemic development and implementation
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 29th November, 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com