TITLE: Drivers (4 posts)
DEPARTMENT: Americares Tanzania
REPORTS TO: Human Resources and Logistics Officer with dotted lines to program officers
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Mwanza and Shinyanga Tanzania
LENGTH: Project funded until June 30th, 2023
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies, and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading non-profit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
– Valid driver’s license class C with satisfactory good driving records
– Certificate of secondary education is a must.
– At least 5 years of experience driving in and throughout Tanzania, and preferably in driving USAID funded projects vehicles.
– Experience driving manual, large sports utility vehicles or similar
– Certificate for Advanced VIP Drivers course Grade Two and Certificates for Motor Vehicle Mechanics grade 1-3 will be added advantage.
– Ability to adapt to last minute scheduling changes, roadblocks, and changing needs throughout the shift
– Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania