Date: Jun 29, 2022
Organization: African Union
Reports to: Registrar
Directorate: Registry of the African Court
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Contract type: Regular
Job Grade: P3
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
• Provides policy guidance to senior staff, on the approach to take with the Court’s public’s by recommending specific interviews and by briefing them ahead of the anticipated questions.
• Advises the media through regular press briefings and by setting up press conferences for senior Court officials such, as the President, Judges, the Registrar, or the Deputy Registrar, as appropriate.
• Liaises with the Court’s public including African citizens, NGOs, victims associations and other international organizations to provide them with information on the Court.
• Identifies, selects, orders and manages both hard copy and electronic resources for the Court’s current and anticipated information needs.
• Classifies and stores information, usually using special computer applications, for easy access and retrieval.
• Consistently updates the information on the website of the Court.
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Academic Requirements and Experience
• Master’s degree in International Studies (public relations or mass communication) or related fields from a recognized university plus seven (7) years of relevant working experience, preferably in an international organization.
Applications must be made not later than August ,1 2022