Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and manage CAPEX and OPEX of the Department
- Plan and Manage procurements of the Department
- Implement and executes Departmental policy and procedures
- Prepare and plan for Department manpower requirement
- Plan and Manage Depots Operations
- Plan and Manage third part operations
- Implement and execute dispatch plan
- Liaise with Inbound Transport Manager to plan and execute loading and transportation of items to the central warehouse or Plants with relevant shipping documents.
- Review performance of staff under Logistics Department
- Approve execution of Department undertakings as per SOP
- Manage in-bond and out-bond logistics activities
- Forward a copy of the RAR to the Clearing Agent for clearance of shipment and payment of duties.
- Obtain Discharge Sequence and Cargo Plan and plan discharge of cement from shipping vessel
- Access the system and create Inbound Delivery documents referencing the relevant purchase order
- Perform any other duties as may assigned by Management/Country Manager/ CEO
- Education and Work Experience
- First degree or its equivalent in Transport and Logistics.
- Professional qualification in procurement and logistics
- At least fourteen (14) years’ experience in a generalist logistics role.
Skills and Competencies
- Basic Knowledge of computer application.
- Ability to effectively apply scheduling techniques to own work.
- Basic knowledge of record management systems (manual and automated).
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Performance driven and result oriented individual
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development