Job position: Officer Safety at Shinyanga Tanzania.
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Safety Officer to join and grow their team.
You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies, and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
The role is responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing the company’s employee safety at work. Their main duty is to ensure that the company is in compliance with and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines. Also, you will be provided advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
- Lead and influence change whilst developing a positive safety culture
- Provide support and guidance to Safety Representatives
- Conduct On job Coaching and Training to employees on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safe work practices
- Demonstrate commitment to the completion of health and safety activities
- Timely and accurate completion of Safety daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly reports
- Conduct scheduled weekly and monthly Safety meetings
- Maintain accuracy of the information in the Management of Change (MOC’s ) database
- Participate in the review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits as required
- Assist in incident and accident investigations.
- Ordinary Level Secondary Education Certificate
- Certification in Emergency response Management
- Level 3 First Aid Training
- A Valid Driving License
- Formal Training Qualification in Risk Management, Accident Investigations, and Occupational Health and Safety