All NRC employees are expected to work by the organizations core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated shelter project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Contribute to organizational learning through the provision specific technical analysis, lessons learned and reports
- Support the Education Programmer in formulation of project work plans and provide quality and timely reports to the Education Project Coordinator on Construction/Renovation progress.
- Participate in needs assessment for rehabilitation and/or construction when required
- Preparation of construction validation plans, Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and implementation plans as requested from time to time.
- Supervise and monitor construction/rehabilitation of changing rooms for girls where available and rehabilitation of accessible classrooms, playgrounds and girl-friendly latrines
- Participate in developing maintenance plans for rehabilitated infrustructure
- Monitor and ensure proper usage of the construction materials, assets and tools.
- Work with relevant authority to guide proper positioning of the classroom, gender sensitive WASH facilities on the site
- Coordinate with NRC WASH and Shelter teams regularly
- Strengthen coordination with government technical departments, camp management authorities and partners
- Facilitate effective implementation of construction/rehabilitation activities which includes supervision and monitoring of classrooms and gender sensitive WASH facilities construction/or rehabilitation, and ensure tasks are completed correctly and on schedule
- Support the preparation PRs and follows up for timely procurement of materials, tools and services.
- Take part in general assessments, upon request.